Friday 6 July 2012

Okotie marital crisis deepens: As sacked wife reveals more dirty secrets


Although, it is no longer news that the second marriage of the General Overseer of House of God Church, Pastor Chris Okotie and his estranged wife Stephanie Adie Henshaw has gone sour with both going their separate ways, but more controversies trailing the dirty and shocking separation has continued to unfold.
The embattled Pastor who still refused to give details of his decision to quit the four years old fruitless union confidently stated that come December, he’s going to be married again because it’s not good for man to be alone, quoting from the book of Genesis.
On the other hand, the embittered former Mrs. Okotie had since taken to her Facebook page (Stephanie Adie Henshaw) to tell her painful story amid tears and lamentations.
Indicating that the separation was never her initiative, thus still as shocked as the public, the mother of three revealed dirty details about her husband which she believes instigated his weird and rash decision.
The initial information which she posted on Sunday read, “Today makes it three weeks I was asked for a separation and a week and four days I packed out. Romans 8:28: ‘All things work together for good for those who love God and are called according to His purpose for them. I am as shocked as most people are, as there has not been an argument in my home. In over a year we have been as happy as everybody thought we were. I wait because I know in time God will make known what has gone wrong.”
In her subsequent posts, Henshaw, who has reverted to her maiden name, disclosed that she had known her ex husband for almost two decades and served him wholeheartedly but he has chosen to pay her good deeds back with evil instead.
She wrote: “Twenty years I have known a man; 15 years we have been the closest friends. I prepared all his meals for 10 years, including the four years we were married. The day I was asked to leave, I prepared his meal, served it and I left. For the four years he never fell ill but today I am called all sorts of names - ‘witch’, and ‘mermaid spirit.’ I have served Jesus with clean hands and a clean heart. I have loved all that have come my way and if I do not live through this pain and hurt as sure as Jesus lives my children will see my vindication.”
Making her mind known through several other posts, an obviously aggrieved Henshaw maintained that she was grossly implicated and falsely accused by ‘certain church members’.
“Lies, not from the world but the church; accusations not from the world, but the church. Where are the spirit filled Christians, the ones who fear and hear the Lord. My husband loves and adores me; he is not the one saying these things, the enemies from within who hate me. They hate the grace God showed me. They hate the mercy God has had on me. So, they come up with all kinds of lies. My going can bring in another Mrs. Okotie, but what happens to the rest of you?
You bring shame to the body of Christ out of your jealousy and selfish desire and in the process expose your pastor. The works he has to do cost Jesus his life, don’t joke with it. Our friendship is not based on marriage. You manipulate things at the expense of God’s work and name. It is not about me. It has never been: it is about the will of God.’’
In yet another post, Henshaw, who hails from Cross River State, prays for a vindication and deeply cried to God for mercy as she has chosen to accept her fate with equanimity.
She cries, “Have mercy on me, O God, have mercy! I look to you for protection. I will hide beneath the shadow of your wing until the danger passes by. Vindicate me, Lord. All things are open before you, righteous judge. I remain still, speak on my behalf. I submitted to the end. I did all I was asked to do, Lord.
I left that home blameless before you. I have loved but have not been loved. I have given and not received; but that is contrary to your word, Lord. So, today I ask your word be made manifest in my life.”
As the messy separation drama continues to unfold, EE will keep updating you darling readers with more shocking revelations.

1 comment:

  1. What a powerFUL, strong, hurt woman of God. What/whom has beguiled this man who once loved so well. What is the legacy for the 3 children who see their mother so upright in manner and speech and so cast down and away by these accusers and her once-husband. What man of God thinks he can announce he will remarry while not yet divorced, Ugly through and through. And God "don't like ugly". I will pray he repents because his life and ministry is now cursed until he makes it right.

    ReplyDelete